1.25.2011
Dreams
All three of my children are active sleepers. They toss, turn, talk and yell all night long. Sometimes I'll lay awake and try to listen to the things they are saying in their sleep. One of my children in particular has very scary dreams. Dreams that cause him to cry out in the night. We've talked a lot of about this with him (and his father who lets him watch the Mummy right before bedtime), and I thought making dream catchers would be a fun thing to try. I thought about buying the pre-made kits and assembling them, but I wanted my kids to each be able to choose their feathers, beads, and colors. After a few tutorials on you tube we made these, even weaving the pattern in the middle with real sinew. Afterward we talked about how they work and hung them in their rooms. Ethan asked me about ten times if I really thought they were going to work and if he would see the bad dreams caught in the net. He's cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment