1.12.2012

Annual Black and White Dinner

We had our annual Black and White dinner Monday night.   It is our fancy family dinner that we dress up for, and get to work on table manners and talk about fun things we want to do together as a family this year.  I also decided this year that we needed to add in something more spiritual.  I choose President Monson's last conference address on Temples.  We talked about temples and what we need to do to be worth to enter the temple. We even planned a fun family trip to Chicago to see the temple in the near future.

This year was fun planning the dinner because I had a special helper.  For scouts one of Ethan's tasks is to help plan a party.  I thought this was a perfect opportunity to get a little extra help.  He was a champ and helped with decorations, an activity, the menu, table prep, and the food.  Here is the menu:

Drink:  Cinderella Mocktail
Appetizer:  Caprese Salad (bocconcini, tomatoes, and basil)
Main Dish: Prime Rib
Sides:  Roasted Klondike Potatoes, House Salad, and Grilled Herb Flat Bread
Dessert:  Banana Splits (Ethan's favorite)

Ethan was the waiter and took everyone's order (even though though there wasn't really choices and everyone got the same thing).  Cole was funny and took his menu and circled one thing:  Ice Cream.  When Ethan asked for Cole's order he said all he wanted was Ice Cream, but I was a mean mom and made him try everything.


For the activity we did the name game where you come up with things that stand for each letter in your name.  Here are the results everyone came up with:

S-sweet
H-humble
A-awesome
W-wonderful
N-nice

J-joyful
E-excellent
N-nice
N-noisy

E-eccentric
T-terrific
H-hard to beat
A-athletic
N-nice

C-curious
O-optimistic
L-loving
E-energectic

O-outstanding
L-laughable
I-interesting
V-vivacious
I-incredible
A-angelic

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment