We have been talking with the kids for the past couple of weeks about doing a family service project. The kids decided that they wanted to do something for the sick kids in Shawn's hospital. We contacted the hospital and got a list of the things they needed. One thing that stuck out for the kids was that the Pediatric Cancer unit regularly plays Bingo. They needed Bingo prizes. The kids worked hard for two weeks to earn and save their money. Finally this weekend I took them to the store to pick out prizes. We had lots of fun. Ethan was taking FOREVER to choose items and when I tried to rush him along he replied, "I just want to find something so special for them". It was sweet, he was being so thoughtful and really putting effort into what he was choosing.
After we got everything all picked out, we went and dropped the prizes off. Because of confidentially we weren't able to give the presents to actual kids, but we just dropped it off at a desk with a hospital employee. We got a certificate.
It was a wonderful opportunity and I can't wait to do it again as a family.







No comments:
Post a Comment