9.02.2012

Back To School Party Night

Last night we had our traditional Back To School Party!  We started out with a new tradition called the "schultue".  The kids called it the Big Carrot, because that is what it looked like.  This is a German tradition and the night before school starts parents fill these large cones with back to school treats and surprises and then the kids find the cone hidden in their yard.


They kids loved the Big Red Carrot. I'll we definitely be doing this again next year.

After that we had our dinner and introduced the school year theme.  The theme Shawn and I chose is "I can do hard things."



We ended up having a simple dinner of pancakes, sausage, fruit and chocolate and strawberry milk.



After dinner we had a lesson on doing hard things and to remember that Jesus is our Rock and if we put our trust in him we can do ALL things, even hard things.  We came back out when it was dark for special back to school ice cream sundaes to finish off the night.





I guess now we are officially ready for another year of school!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment