3.23.2013

Tournament

The boys had their first Tae Kwon Do Tournament this week.  They participated in the Great Midwest ChampionshipTournament in Mequon, WI.   They were so nervous, but they have been practicing so hard the past few weeks and did a great job.  We came home with several trophies and medals.  It was a great day.

They separate the kids by age and belt rank and even though Ethan and Cole are both the same rank, due to their age difference they were in different spots in the gym.  I spent the whole time running back and forth trying to watch all their events.  It was crazy!

The boys both participated in the forms competition and breaking competition.  Ethan took first place in the forms competition and did it perfectly.  He got pretty nervous during the breaking part and had to redo one of his kicks, but he ended up taking 3rd place.  He chose a few really difficult kicks, so I was very proud of him for trying something challenging.

Here is Ethan's Form Competition and a picture of the Judge awarding him 1st place and getting his trophy.



Cole took first place in his form competition also and first place in his breaking.  He did such a great job.

Here is Cole's Breaking Competition and a video of the Judge awarding him 1st place and getting his trophy.

Liv was my little side kick all day (these tournaments last all day long).




Afterward I told the kids how proud I was of them and that I wanted to take them out to dinner.  I was expecting something big, but they choose Wendy's because we love the fun fountain drink machine :)
Ethan loves Cherry Fanta, Liv and Cole choose a new kind everytime (sometimes even three mixed together) and I usually stick with good ole vanilla cherry dr. pepper or vanilla coke or even lime vanilla coke.  It's our favorite!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment