11.20.2013

Weekly Update

The kids continue to progress in school.  They spent the past two weeks taking the standard WKCE tests.  It made for a long week, but they survived.  I can't believe how much kids have to test these days.  It's getting cold and our walks to and from school are becoming less enjoyable.

I help in Liv's class every Friday with spelling and Cole's class every Wednesday with math.
I don't help weekly in Ethan's class (because he thinks he is too old for that), but I sign up to help with everything else that I can in his class.  This week I got to bring Pizza for the class for lunch (as a reward for completing homework) and Ethan asked me to stay and watch a movie with him in his class.


My boys struggle keeping their desks at school clean.  We often have competitions to keep them clean.  Ethan's is on the left, Cole's is on the right.  I think Cole lost this round.


Liv has two weeks off from Gymnastics, but I took the kids to Open Gym this past weekend.  They had a blast running around and playing.

Shawn and I took Liv dress shopping for a fun fancy holiday dress.  We have never really bought our kids new Christmas clothes and Liv has been begging for a fancy dress.  I thought this would be a fun occasion.  After trying on what seemed like 20 dresses, we finally settled on one.  Throw in a new pair of shoes and tights and Liv was one happy 6 year old.


Cole started guitar this week.  He LOVES it.
His teacher said that he is a quick learner and seems to be a natural.

The boys have been asked by their TaeKwon Do Instructors to try out for the Demo Team.  This means they get to attend performances/half time shows, etc. and be part of the performing team.
They are trying out this Saturday.

Liv was mad at me the other day (I can't remember why) and she gave me these notes.

Despite Liv being made at me, she is alway eager to help in the kitchen.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment