We've had some mean, cold weather the past few weeks. In fact, we actually got our first shovel worthy snowfall. It happened to be on a day when Shawn was gone for 24 hours, which left the kids and I to shovel off our HUGE driveway, with only one shovel. It was long and painful. The kids tried to help, but they mostly spent time shoveling shapes and patterns in the snow :( Shawn came home and bought a snow blower the next day...that made me really happy!
The boys are still loving their winter soccer leagues, and indoor futsal trainings with their teams. They are true boys and spend lots of time talking and playing aggressive (and at times even a little dirty). I find myself constantly telling them they need to play nice or I won't let them play. Shawn is the worst, he actually encourages the rough aggressive play on the field. He's crazy!
I went with Ethan last Sunday to his Priesthood Preview. He turns 12 in May and will receive the Priesthood. I started to cry during the opening song when we sang, "we are as the armies of Helaman". It touched me that he was getting so grown up and would soon be receiving the power of God and be part of His army.
We had Parent Teacher Conferences this week also. The kids all did great. I love all their teachers and they are so wonderful and loving with my kids.
Last Saturday I received a text from a dear friend. She told me that her husband had been in a car accident and was killed. It was shocking to say the least. My friend is 12 weeks pregnant with their first child. I went to the funeral this past week at a local Presbyterian church. It was beautiful and amazing. My heart is broken for my sweet friend. I cried all the way home. It reminded me how precious life is and that I am so glad I know we will get to see our loved ones again.
In our down time we are enjoying watching the Packers have an amazing season.
Shawn and I headed to the Chicago Temple the other day after the kids left for school. It was a beautiful session. After we headed to BurgerFi, at the recommendation of our friends, and it was amazing. Huge onion rings, amazing burgers, and a key lime custard. We will definitely do that again.
My boys are either fighting or best friends. This was a best friend moment so I had to take a picture :)
Liv had her last gymnastics meet as a Level 3 this past weekend. She did amazing. She has two weeks left to practice and prepare for the State Meet. I am so proud of her and all her hard work.



Ok, so many comments!
ReplyDelete1. Livvy loo with no teeth! I love it.
2. Are you honestly surprised that your kids play dirty? ...I've heard a story or two about their Dad :)
3. I'm super jealous of the onion rings. Not so much the snow, but definitely the onion rings.
4. If I live in a winter country next, will you teach me how to wear winter clothes again? I haven't worn socks for 18 months...
Love you guys! Tell your kiddos hello and have a Happy Thanksgiving. We can't wait until we live in DC and can spend holidays with you guys again.