8.16.2010

Popsicles at 3am

Yes, we had popsicles at 3am Friday night.  The downside was that we were at the hospital.  Around 5:00 pm on Friday night I was getting ready to take Ethan to his first Karate class.  Liv said she felt sick and then threw up all over.  I thought maybe it was just a random thing because she had been fine all day.  So we got into the car.  While driving on the freeway Liv continued to threw up two more times, and when Cole proclaimed that his tummy hurt I thought he might just be seeking some attention also.  But, he followed in suit and threw up all over the car.  When we got to the Karate class, we had to stop outside for Cole to threw-up behind a dumpster.   You probably are wondering why I didn't just go home, well I should have, but Shawn was working and Ethan was so excited for his class and I didn't want him to miss it.  We spent the first ten minutes in the bathroom with Liv and Cole alternating and throwing up in the bathroom, only to discover that the toilets didn't work.  I sat for the next ten minutes with Cole and Liv each on one side throwing up into a blanket that I brought with me.  Finally, the man next to me offered to watch Ethan and bring him out to the van after class if I wanted to take my kids outside.  I was so relieved, I probably would not normally have a stranger help me out, but I was desperate.  Cole and Liv continued to throw up about every 10-15 minutes until midnight.  I finally called Shawn at the hospital and we decided to wait another hour and see if thing slowed down.  Well, they didn't and so around 1:30 I woke Ethan up and dragged three kids to the hospital.  Shawn was able to come down and see us for a minute, but he was in the middle of a delivery/sick baby so he couldn't stay.  The nurse that was checking us in thought Shawn was the just the ER resident because he was in scrubs and asked me if I had any idea who the father was of my kids.  When Shawn spoke up claiming his children she was so embarrassed, it was funny.  It was one of those nights that was so very horrible, I actually started to laugh (it was either that or cry).  As we were leaving the hospital the next morning Ethan said, "I now know what it is like to sleep at the hospital like dad.  It is boring."  Ethan was less than happy to be woken up in the middle of the night and dragged to the ER, but he was a good sport and even got  a popsicle.  By Saturday afternoon Cole and Liv were feeling much better, but by then Ethan had started throwing up.  Fortunately we already had some zofran on hand and saved ourselves a trip to the ER.  But the worst part happened Saturday night when I started throwing up.  Really, I HATE throwing up.  But now it is Monday morning and everyone is good.  Shawn has so far avoided this nasty bug, but he continues to wash his hands a million times and tries to avoid us like the plague :)  Now I just need to try a put my house back together after this crazy weekend.
Photobucket
Other happenings earlier in the week...
The boys went to the dentist.  They were so brave and had NO cavities.  It was the neatest pediatric dentist office I have ever seen.  The kids are already asking to go back :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
The Wisconsin State Fair was this past week.  It is held just a few minutes from our house so we had to go.  It was a hot, humid day and the kids used that as an excuse to down as much coke as they could. )
Photobucket
Photobucket
We ate lots of food.  A HUGE bucket of french fries.  Seriously it was the size of the big movie popcorn buckets.  Ethan has been asking for the past few weeks to try cotton candy, so he got his cotton candy.  And we had to try the cream puffs.  They are supposed to be delicious, but they were just a whole lot of cream on a puff.
Photobucket
The favorite by far was this huge slide.
Photobucket
We didn't got on many rides.  The opening night of the fair the sky glider stopped and people were stuck up in the air for an hour.  After watching that on the news Shawn informed me that I would never get him on that.  He is leary of amusement rides anyways, so that didn't help my cause.

Ethan finally lost his other big tooth the night before school pictures and we got to meet the new principal and the kids school teachers this week.  Can't wait for school to start in a few weeks :)
Photobucket


We got this bubble blower when Ethan was born and it is still one of the favorite things to play with.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn...that is way too much throw up. I would have turned around after the first time. That's why you are super mom, making sure E doesn't miss his class. I am really sorry but picturing you all in the bathroom throwing up makes me laugh a little even though I know it's not funny, and the more I think about it it actually makes me want to cry. I really hope you are all feeling better.

    Was the fair before or after the throwing up? All that yummy food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Emily that is way way too much throw up. I hate thrown up soooo much. That picture of them on the hospital is so sad! I am glad that you guys are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nightmare! I am so sad for you guys. You really are super mom. I for sure would have cried. You are a brave woman. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The State Fair!! How fun! Also...I hate to say it, but...I think you're kids throw up more than most kids. Good thing they are cute!

    ReplyDelete