5.13.2011

High Interest Day

I spent the day at the boys school for High Interest Day.  I had never heard of such a thing until we moved here.  It is basically a day at school put on by the parents with fun activities and games all day.  When I got my assignment it just said that I would be working with "the dogs."  I really didn't know what that meant, but I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I showed up to learn that I would be helping the K9 unit do a demonstration for the kids.
 
 
The second graders got to do other fun things today including, art projects, cooking demonstrations, worm composting, soccer, basketball, and drama/acting workshop.  Liv and I spent all day helping with the dogs and then a few hours in the afternoon helping in Cole's class for his "trip to Italy".  The Kindergarteners got to make Pizza, listen/make opera music, Gondola races, make picture frames and other crafts.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I am so impressed with the boys school.  They have so much parent and community involvement, it's crazy.  This whole day was done with all parent volunteers and resources.  I can't wait until next year.

Here is a fun video I made with a few clips from the Police Dogs workshop.
Untitled from Jenn Reese on Vimeo.

ps.  We pass this house every day on the way to school that is covered with dandelions.  While I know they are weeds, there is something so beautiful about a whole yard covered in them.  See for yourself.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment