Today was the first day of school!!! My kids are ready. I am ready. But as I sit here all by myself I don't feel so ready. I always loved back to school time because I love getting my kids ready and watching them learn and grow. But I also miss spending time with them. It's bittersweet. We spent this past week trying to enjoy every last moment together. Each child got to have their special date with dad and mom. Usually I do a back -to-school dinner, but due to the fact that there wasn't one night this week we didn't have something going on, we did not do it this year. Instead, last night after we got back from Cole's soccer practice we started a new tradition. Back-to-school ice cream party. This was a hit. Basically I bought every kind of junk that you could possibly put on ice cream and we had an ice cream party. Shawn told me it looked like one of those frozen yogurt places with all the toppings. The kids loved it and it was a LOT easier than a big dinner. We finished with father's blessings to help with the new school year. The blessings were beautiful and unique to each child's strengths and weaknesses. So, here is to another school year with lots of fun and hopefully few red slips :)
Here are the traditional first day of school pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment