Every night before bed, Shawn and I make three school lunches. But every once in a while the kids will get persuaded by the offering of Nachos, pizza or corn dogs on the school lunch menu.
So we made a deal. I would come and be her lunch date, and help her feel comfortable getting school lunch. She worked hard all day to memorize her 6 digit number so she could type it in the computer.
Monday was our special lunch date. Liv was excited and so was I. For her first school lunch she had the choice between hot dogs, french toast stick, or salad. She chose salad. She loves salads. We laughed alot. She was pretty silly the whole time and kept pulling funny faces anytime I tried to take a picture with my phone. After lunch I stayed, at her request, while she played with her friends at recess.
The funny thing is that while Liv and I were planning our special lunch date, Cole and Ethan both requested special lunch dates also. I was surprised that Ethan wanted anything to do with me coming and eating lunch with him, but he was. So, next month I'm going to have a lunch with Cole and then in December with Ethan.





No comments:
Post a Comment