Every night after I tuck my kids in bed I kiss them
goodnight. Once they are all sound asleep I sneak back in their rooms. Usually I have to pick someone up off the
floor, pull the covers back over their legs, or take off costumes, hats or a pair of
shoes. But when I look at them sleeping
peacefully in their beds my heart swells.
It swells with so much love that it makes me willing to get up the next
day and try again.
I drop them off at school with a silent prayer in my heart
that they will be loved there as much as at home.
I impatiently wait to pick them up everyday after school and
it feels like I haven’t seen them for days. I long to talk with them about their day, about what made them happy and sad. About who they sat by for lunch and what they did at reccess.
I hope they remember how I used to tuck them in at nights.
How we used to talk about their day and end it with a kiss.
I hope they remember how I used to sing in the car when we would drive places,
And how we always turned the radio up really loud.
I hope they remember playing catch in the backyard, running
around without shoes, and digging in the dirt.
I hope they remember eating big bowls of ice cream swimming
in chocolate, strawberry, and caramel sauce nightly.
I hope they remember all the parks we discovered and
adventures we took.
I hope they remember laughing.
I hope Liv remembers me doing her hair, just the way she
wants it every morning and the princess stories we read each night.
I hope Cole remembers coming in every morning and climbing
next to me in bed for our special snuggles.
I hope Ethan remembers our late night talks and that I
always let him choose the radio station.
I hope they remember feeling loved.
Being a mom has pushed me beyond what I thought capable.
Has helped me understand how much I am loved by my own
mother.
Has shown me how vulnerable I am
Has taught me about true unconditional love
Has opened my eyes to the depths of sacrifice
Has taught me pure joy
Has helped me discover the harsh realities of life
Has given me a reason to live each day.
Being a mom has shown me the true meaning of God’s love.
No comments:
Post a Comment